1 people this summer camp right now
Summer camp in Verbier, Swiss for 6 to 17
From the beginning of June until the end of August, Les Elfes offers several summer camp sessions in Switzerland, usually from 2 to 4 weeks long.
Les Elfes ensures active participation, a very broad choice of exciting activities and a high degree of learning in a fun and very international environment in the summer camps, all by guaranteeing maximum safety through our caring & experienced staff.
Our Summer Camps provide more than just great activities and experiences.
We introduce life long skills such as communicating with others, without your phone or laptop, understanding the value of living in a community away from the familiar environment of home or school. Of course, there are massive benefits to learning a new activity such as Mountain Biking or Rock Climbing, and gains from our tailored Leadership and Career Guidance programs, but having a break from the academic cycle of school and putting fun, creativity and excitement on a daily basis as the priority is where the strength in summer camp lies.
In addition to that, our programs include Excursions in Switzerland, Italy, and France, language lessons (English, French, Spanish, German and Mandarin are on offer), mountain hut nights and educational courses such as Leadership, Swisswatch making and many more.
The over 40 adventure sports offered at Les Elfes are designed to form a fun and challenging program for our students. Some of the activities are designed to enable students to step out of their comfort zones while others challenge students to solve problems and work with others to achieve tasks.
Our programs include age-appropriate activities for our different age groups so that all students can participate at a level which will challenge them at a suitable level.
- Escape rooms, swimming, banana boating, trottinettes, bridge swinging, high ropes, zip lines, labyrinth adventure park, Bains de Lavey, Aqua Park, football, volleyball, golf, mini-golf, ice skating, treasure hunts, ice karting, bushcraft, rock climbing, rope course, hiking are some of the activities proposed.
- In addition to those, students can decide to choose some extra courses or private lessons such as horseback riding, tennis, golf or paragliding.
- Oue summer program also includes Language courses, Excursions and Additional courses.
Language Lessons and Language Courses
At Les Elfes we strive for excellence in everything we do and our language courses are no exception. To ensure we offer the best possible tuition for our students we work in partnership with Verbier Language School to offer specialist teachers in each language for every course.
Students are group according to their language levels with a maximum class size of 7 students per teacher. We offer 3 types of courses in French, English, Spanish, and German. Each of our courses follows set criteria for levels of language proficiency with detailed certificates and a portfolio of work which students may take away with them.
What better way to really appreciate the culture of Switzerland than to dedicate a day to visit some of the most iconic cities and some of the famous organizations.
Each of our cultural excursion days is a little different, with new options each year for those returning campers who are ready to see something new! Whether it is souvenir shopping that interests you or the science exhibitions of CERN the options are endless.
- Lausanne: A trip to the Olympic Museum with its wealth of memories will keep your passion for the Olympics burning, followed by a walking tour in the old town to one of the most beautiful cathedrals in Europe.
- Geneva: With its humanitarian tradition and cosmopolitan flair, the European seat of the UNO and headquarters of the Red Cross is known as the “capital of peace”. Visit the old town, the heart of Geneva with its shopping and business quarter.
- Bern: The capital of Switzerland – the old town of Bern has been entered on the list of UNESCO Cultural World Heritage Sites. The Houses of Parliament (Bundeshaus) rise above the city just a stone's throw away from the railway station. Bern and bears, the city’s heraldic beast, are inseparable. When visiting the city we will take a trip to the Bear Pits.
- Gruyere: The Gruyère region, with its rolling green landscape and peaks of the Fribourg Pre-Alps, is home to the world-famous Gruyère cheese. In the famous cheese factory, you will see how the tasty Gruyère cheese is made and the tour of culinary delights will be followed by a guided tour of the Cailler chocolate factory.
- Montreux: Visit the town of Montreux that nestles in the shelter of Lake Geneva, surrounded by vineyards, with the breathtaking backdrop of the snow-covered Alps, followed by a visit to Château de Chillon.
- France: Get a taste of France with a visit to Evian and the famous water factory, with also a walk along the world-famous Lake Geneva.
- Italy: Discover the famous Italian city of Aosta, visit the old town and enjoy some Italian shopping.
Our evening programs are tailored to meet the requirements of our students. Our groups participate in an activities program from 8 pm until 9 pm and our older groups from 8 pm until 9:45 pm, with bedtime at 10 pm.
We offer many activities including ice skating, team challenges, quizzes, disco night, games competitions, dine out in a swiss restaurant, cinema night, campfires, torchlight walk, mountain BBQ, nightline, bin bag fashion show, dragons’ den, and a final prizegiving celebration to finish each week.
These dynamic and interactive 1-day workshops will enable our students to develop a toolbox of teamwork skills which will help them to build mature lasting relationships with friends and colleagues, create imaginative and complex solutions to problems and focus on their Emotional Intelligence using theories and practices from a range of academic scholars in the field of experiential learning. The leadership and careers courses at Les Elfes are designed and facilitated by professionals.
Campers can choose among:
- Swiss Watchmaking workshop
- Leadership Training program
- Etiquette & Table manners
- Mountain Fitness
Our two purpose-built wood and stone chalets follow the Swiss Alpine tradition and offer charm and comfort to our guests. Both chalets are situated in a green, peaceful surrounding and only five minutes from the center of Verbier. The girls and boys are separated in each of the two chalets, which are completely equipped for holiday camps :
- A permanently staffed and welcoming reception hall
- Large rooms with two to four beds and ensuite bathrooms
- Two spacious, sunny dining room with an open-planned sitting room
- Open fireplace leading onto a south-facing terrace with a barbecue
- A library, games hall, cinema, music room ( or discothèque )
- Conference rooms and internet room
- Professionally equipped kitchens in both buildings
- All equipment for indoor and outdoor games and sports: football field, basketball, volleyball and badminton courts, golf putting/driving range, trampoline, pétanque area, and climbing walls
- At 2 minutes walk from the Sports Center. Here there is a swimming pool, a climbing wall, tennis, football & volleyball court, and many other possible activities.
Verbier is located in the French part of Switzerland, 1 hour and 45 minutes from Geneva, 2 hours and 45 minutes from Zürich and 30 minutes from the Italian and French borders. Directly opposite Le Grand Combin which rises to 4300m, Verbier’s stunning location on a south-facing plateau guarantees an exceptionally sunny climate. Despite Verbier’s reputation as a leading ski resort in the winter, the summer is packed with festivals, mountain sports and visitors from all over the world.
Each weekend brings a new crowd starting the summer with the Verbier Festival, a prestigious Classical Music Festival, attended by the most esteemed musicians from around the world, to the splendid display of athleticism offered in the Jumping International de Verbier Equestrian events towards the end of August.
Staff & Safety
Safety is our highest priority. All of our staff must have a valid First Aid Certificate and a current Criminal Records Check before beginning their training at Les Elfes. Unlike many similar camps over half of our staff are employed for the full year to ensure that the standard of activities we offer is consistently high at all campuses.
We also find that maintaining a core team of staff who work each year with the same groups enable us to build a repertoire with schools and with their students to provide better a better service and a better experience.
All our summer and winter staff monitors, instructors, core staff and managers undertake a two-week training course before the start of each season combining one week of technical training and one week to learn and become acquainted with the Philosophy of Les Elfes.
Our training for each season includes a First Aid refresher course, Lifeguard Training, Fire Safety, Child Protection awareness and Training in our SOPs and EAPs.
- Accommodation in Les Elfes Campus in 2 to 4 or 6-bedded rooms with ensuite bathroom (except 2)
- Full-board (breakfast buffet, packed-lunches or lunches, afternoon tea, dinner (first plate, main plate and dessert)
- All activities as per program
- Evening activities
- Full supervision 24 hours by our Les Elfes staff
- All transports to activities within the programme using our Les Elfes private coaches
- All tickets, services, and taxes
Pick Up Policy
A transfer service to and from Geneva Airport is proposed by Les Elfes. The transfers are made with private Les Elfes buses and early long employed professional drivers.
UM service is also available.
Use the Solocampamentos contact form to get full details and information about the programme.
- 5% discount on the basic price is offered to returning students
- 5% discount on the basic price is offered to students who enroll with their sibling.