20 people this summer camp right now
MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL LANGUAGE SCHOOL
City Football Schools and British Study Centres joined forces in 2015 to develop a new and exciting initiative to provide young players with the opportunity to improve their language skills while experiencing what it is like to train and play like a Manchester City player.
This innovative programme is delivered by a top quality coaching team who are experienced in the Club’s philosophy and methodology, and a highly professional language teaching team who have a real passion for football.
The City Football Language School is a fully immersive football and language programme for 9-17 year olds designed to give you an authentic insight into the life of a professional football player in the heart of the Etihad Campus.
Every day you will be based at the state-of-the-art City Football Academy training facility, a fantastic venue shared by Manchester City’s First team, Women’s team and Academy teams alike. You will have exclusive access to areas of the facility utilised on a daily basis by the Club’s players, such as the Academy pitches, the Media Centre, and the incredible full-sized indoor training pitch.
The highly innovative football and language syllabus focuses on maximising your learning both on and off the field, covering key areas of a professional footballer’s life, such as performance testing, nutrition, how a Premier League club runs, media training, diversity in football, talent management and match analysis. Teachers will join you in coaching sessions, ensuring consistent learning and development throughout.
In addition to its British Council accreditation, the programme was accredited by EAQUALS during its first summer in 2015. The EAQUALS Inspectors identified points of excellence in the following categories:
- Teaching and Learning
- Course Design and Supporting Systems
- Academic Resources
Client Services EAQUALS is an industry-trusted organisation whose aim is to promote and guarantee high quality in language teaching and learning worldwide.
All football and language activities are fully integrated and designed to maintain a high level of consistency from one session to the next. This will enable you to put your communication skills immediately into practice on the pitch, and your technical and tactical understanding from playing the game into your off-field learning.
Developing your skills both as an individual and as a team is our priority. The range of interactive activities, as well as the high level of support you receive from your coaching and teaching team, help you progress to your highest potential in a variety of authentic football contexts.
- Immerse yourself in football skills development sessions, focusing on how City’s players perform to the highest level possible
- Test your performance and reach your potential
- Gain an insight into strength and conditioning, analysing athletic qualities required by today’s football players
- Put everything you’ve learnt into practice through playing games and competing as teams
DEVELOP YOUR ENGLISH SKILLS
- Undertake interactive studies around the importance of nutrition, hydration and howplayers fuel their bodies to play to the best of their abilities
- Learn how to accurately analyse tactical situations and systems of play in match analysis workshops
- Experience what it’s like to be in the spotlight with a media training session, practising presentation skills and tactful use of language in interviews and press conference situations
- Develop a greater understanding of cultural differences and diversity in football, learning effective communication in an international setting
EXCURSIONS AND SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
Each weekend you will go on an exciting excursion away from campus to discover Manchester and the wider area, meeting other students from Manchester Academy of English’s Young Learner programme.
If you are staying for 2 weeks, you will also go on a tour of Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium and visit the National Football Museum on the middle Sunday.
In the evenings you will have the chance to relax with your friends in an informal environment at the residence along with students from Manchester Academy of English’s Young Learner programme. Activities vary from evening to evening.
Connell College will be your main base throughout the programme, where you will start and end each day with a Daily Team Talk, participate in classroom activities, and eat lunch with your teammates.
This new, bright and modern college at the heart of the Etihad Campus is located next to the Academy pitches. A high quality learning environment with changing rooms that lead directly onto the pitches, the college is also used by a number of Manchester City Football Club’s youth players throughout the year, adding to the authenticity of the experience.
You will stay in high quality, single en-suite rooms at the University of Manchester’s Sheavyn House Residence, a short coach ride away from the City Football Academy.
- Situated 20 minutes from the City Football Academy by private coach
- Daily coach transfer provided between residence and training facilities, as well as for weekend excursions
- Room type: Single
- Meal: Full-board included (breakfast and dinner provided at the residence;lunch provided at Connell College; packed-lunches provided on weekend excursions)
- Facilities: Laundry provided (prices vary), 24-hour reception, communal space,Wi-Fi, study desk
- 12 days programme
- High quality, en-suite accommodation
- Daily coach transfer to and from City Football Academy
- Full-board meals
- 15 hours of football themed English language activities per week
- 15 hours of football coaching per week
- Evening activities every night
- 1 weekend excursion per week
- 1 football themed interactive excursion*
- Exclusive City Football Schools training kit
- All course materials
- End-of-course certificate and academic report
- Awards ceremony with prize-giving for select individuals and teams
Pick Up Policy
The camp offers an optional collection service, from the airport to camp on the first day, and vice versa on the return journey.
- Manchester Airport: £95
- This price includes travel from and to the airport.
Use the Solocampamentos contact form to get full details and information about the programme.