7 people this summer camp right now
Finca el Mazo Adventure Camp
Taught in Español, Español para extranjeros
Barrio Rada, 11B, 39764 Rada, Cantabria, España
Breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner
1 supervisor for every 7 participants
Welcome to Finca el Mazo Adventure Camp, a leisure, sports and adventure centre with more than 20 years of experience providing adventure and entertainment for children all ages.
We are based in Las Marismas de Santoña National Park, on the Rada River estuary, just 30 minutes from Santander. This is the largest wetland in Northern Spain and, due to the birds that live there, is an official Ramshar special protection zone and EU-recognized site of interest. Rada is one of the best natural settings to do outdoor as it is surrounded by oak trees, holm oak trees, holly trees and spectacular mountain terrain. There are also many animals that live here, with water-birds being the most popular kind.
At Finca El Mazo, our objective is to offer a variety of high quality summer camps, where girls and boys can come and enhance their English, doing a wide range of different sports and interacting with children of different backgrounds. And all the while within a spectacular natural environment where they will learn about Cantabria’s ecology, landscape and rich cultural history.
- CANOEING: In this activity, campers develop their balance and teamwork in the magnificent Rada River, in Las Marismas de Santoña, Noja y Joyel National Park.
- ARCHERY: Archery improves concentration, aim and above all, patience. This activity is always done in line with maximum security measures and is supervised by expert instructors at all times.
- MOUNTAIN BIKING: There are few sports where boys and girls can both have fun do exercise at the same time. Mountain biking keeps you fit and is a chance to enjoy the beautiful landscape that surrounds our facilities.
- ABSEILING: This sport involves descending down a cliff on a rope, helping the children overcome any feeling of vertigo and encouraging them to have self-confidence.
- CAVING: This activity gives participants a chance to see and learn about the formation of caves and grottos, supervised at all times by our specialist staff.
- ZIPLINE: Campers get the chance to be launched intp the air, supervised by instructors at all times.
- CLIMBING WALL: This is a chance to go climbing in El Mazo, at the heart of the natural world, improving coordination, spacial awareness and strategic thinking.
- MONKEY BRIDGE: This activity mainly develops the campers’ balance, vital for getting from one end of the bridge to the other.
- WATER SPORTS: Sailing, SUP Padel, surfing etc. These activities help to develop special awareness and balance.
As well as these activities, the campers will also do free time activities, open to all. They can choose between: 5-a-side football, basketball, volleyball, badminton, boules, table football and board games.
Finca ElMazo’s facilities are set on a 32, 000 m2 farm, fully fenced off and landscaped,situated on the banks of the Rada River. The buildings are fully fitted out andfurnished.
Accommodation:El Mazo can house 264 people in 24 four-person bungalows and English-style woodcabins. These are distributed as follows:
- 10 woodencabins for 24 people each (with 8 person rooms)
- 3 woodencabins for 8 people each (with 4 person rooms)
- 3 bathroomareas divided for both sexes and equipped with 10 hot water showers and 10toilets.
- School Facilities: 10 multipurpose classrooms, 1 audiovisual classroom, 2 staff rooms,2 support rooms.
- Sports and Recreational Facilities: Swimming pool and filter system, sports hall (withbasketball and football courts etc.), archery area, multiadventure tower withclimbing wall and zip-line, indoor games area, outdoor games area: 1 footballfield, parking for coaches, receptionand offices, kitchen and canteen, 400m2 indoor zone, 10 classrooms fordifferent activities.
- Health and security: We are prepared for providing medical assistance and dealing with allkinds of health issues.
- Support for the youngest children: We assign a supervisor to each cabin so that throughout the day, there is a person of reference who they can take any query or problemto. At night, the children are supervised at all times and ensuring a sense of safetywith an adult looking after them.
- Team of supervisors: Both in the football and summer camps, the coordinators put a lotof care and time into selecting and training the supervisors who work on eachprogramme. All supervisors are qualified in accordance with summer camp legislation.
- Food and special menus: All allergies and intolerances can be catered for.
- Home-cooked quality food, cooked by a professional chef registered by A.P.P.C.
- Sports facilities: Olympic swimming pool, climbing wall, football pitches, sports hall etc.
- Personal attention given to each individual child. A qualified supervisor for every 7 children, with the youngest children sleeping under the watch of a supervisor.
- Public liability and accident insurance with Allianz Insurance
- Gluten-intolerant children or children with allergies can be catered for.
- Laundry service every 2 weeks
Pick Up Policy
For groups coming from outside Cantabria, we provide a collection service.
This summer camp can be paid for in 3 seperate instalments: 33% must be paid when registering; 33% must be paid before 31 March; The remaining 33% must be paid before 31 May.
Use the Solocampamentos contact form to get full details and information about the programme.