CAMPMEDITERRÁNEO SPANISH & NAUTIC
Campamentos Mediterráneo was created as a group synergy of different companies, in order to offer different educational programs during the year, in the most effective and attractive way as possible. The fact of being present in numerous educational centres working in different areas, such as our PK English project, Cambridge Exam preparation, and extracurricular activities,among others, allows us to have a team of professionals with extensive experience in this sector.
Our main objectives are:
- To transmit and share our passion for the sea by making possible for our students the practice of some water sports.
- Learning English and Spanish in a multicultural atmosphere.
- Playing sports as a link with educational values.
- To empower students on their daily tasks and show them how to fend for themselves.
- To improve, through the proposed activities, the knowledge of the natural world and the environment.
- Enhancing creativity and development of attitudes, intellectual abilities and skills; in a close relationships context.
- Acquire Social and Environmental Commitment.
- To turn the free time into an educational and sporting learning and make the leisure time at school the perfect moment to develop both, physical and cognitive activities, while interrelating with each other.
- Learn to cook different dishes, learning of the Mediterranean gastronomy.
- Start with technological activities, robotics and programming.
In short, learn while having fun.
Program for foreign students that includes Spanish classes, water sports activities (paddle surfing, kayaking, snorkeling, surfing, diving and bodyboard), multi-adventure, workshops, excursion to water park / wipe out and sports activities. In addition, from June 29th to 20th July, they can choose among Water Sports, Robotics or Cooking.
Accommodation in wooden cabins with full board in charge of our restaurant. Cabins are shared depending on sex and ages. Students join on Saturday afternoon from 5pm to 6pm and end on Saturdays from 12pm to 1pm; schedules in which parents will be attended (you can request a different day of entry and exit).
We have a team of teachers with a degree in English/Spanish philology with years of experience in the sector, since we have been applying bilingual projects for the preparation of official degrees (Cambridge) in different public and private schools.
The purpose of PK ENGLISH is to initiate students in the learning of languages from a very early age. Using the ICFLL methodology (Integrated Content and Foreign Language Learning) the student is expected to take advantage of the time dedicated to the learning of a curricular content, in order to learn English simultaneously. With this system, the learning of a language is no longer something isolated or separated from the evolution of the student in the classroom, but something natural, which is It contextualizes and materializes in different fields such as education, social or experimentation.
In our camps, we work with playful and dynamic classes, focusing on interdisciplinary and creative tasks that seek fun and language learning, including activities that stimulate the student, such as: application of the language in cooking classes, video editing, photography, press / comic workshop, theater, music ...). We combine individual and group work in which the teacher participates as a member of the work team, or as a group director, while on other occasions he acts as an advisor to the group. In fact, this makes possible to distance him/herself from the theoretical classes without avoiding the subject, giving priority to cooperative work on the part of students and professors. We must bear in mind that it is a summer camp and the goal is to learn enjoying.
METHODOLOGY: Before arriving at the camp, it is required, a evaluation to know the conditions with which each student will begin. In this way, the classes are divided into different groups depending on the level of the students, in order to improve their interaction in the classes.
- Language classes and workshops: Spanish
- Adventure activities: Rope-bridges, climbing wall, archery, zip-line and much more!
- Workshops in Spanish
- Trip to a water park: Aquarama
- Nautical activities: Campamentos Mediterráneo has an extensive nautical program in terms of sport practice at the sea. Among the disciplines that we practice, we highlight: SURF, BODYBOARD, PADDLE SURF, KAYAK, SNORKEL and as a novelty, we introduce initiation to DIVING.
- In the activity of SURF, we look for soft conditions to make the first encounters with the waves more pleasant. The objective is to have fun assimilating the techniques, through games, simulations with proprioceptive exercises, learn basic movements, respect priorities and harmony in the surf.
- The BODYBOARD serves as an initiation to surfing, since this discipline uses the energy of the waves to move us and allows us to acquire technique in order to practice with larger boards.
- DIVIN: We perform journeys of subaquatic discovery, in which we experience the first sensations of breathing underwater.
- The PADDLE SURF, SUP or STAND UP PADDLE is a sport derived from surfing that is gaining great popularity, since it is learned quickly, it is not as physically demanding as surfing and it does not need waves for its practice as a crossing. It also offers a new perspective, since it allows to observe the seabed and quietly enjoy incredible views.
- In the KAYAK The different aspects of this rowing activity are as follows: Familiarising yourself with the event of capsizing: Firstly, you have to make sure that you feel comfortable in the water, that being underwater doesn't make you nervous and that you can move with ease in the water. Orientation underwater: Capsizing into the water changes your spatial awareness, as it is different from when you're out of the water. You have to learn to find reference points in this new situation in order to do the later exercises. Coordination without oars exercise. Startring position (Paulata style). Hip strokes, lateral support.
- In the activity of SNORKEL, we work with Easybreath masks on the beach and in the pool, to get used to breathing underwater. After that, we establish games and dynamics that favour the learning of different techniques.
- Technification activities: tennis, padel, basketball, handball, indoor football
Our summer camps in Oropesa del Mar have excellent facilities on the beachfront. We have accommodations in wooden cabins with toilets and showers for the exclusive use of the participants; six classrooms for language classes and workshops (two with projector), own kitchen prepared for all types of diets (with the possibility of developing special diets such as vegans, for allergies and intolerances ...), summer pool, hot water spa , computer room, Wi-Fi, restaurant with large dining room, laundry, playground and ideal spaces around us to enjoy evening events, workshops, excursions and all kinds of activities whether sports, nautical ... and all this under full supervision 24 hours a day.
Camping Didota has facilities which are kept in continuous update, to provide an unforgettable experience to all the visitors.
- All activities
- It includes accident insurance for the water sports, letting you practise them safely and responsibly
Pick Up Policy
Our camp offers a pick-up point and back at the NORTH VALENCIA STATION every Saturday, for a minimum stay of two weeks in the camp. On the other hand, if the parents wish, they will be able to approach themselves or a relative to the camp from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on the camp start days, as well as pick them up from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. days of end of camp.
Pick up points: Valencia North Station, Castellón Airport, Valencia Airport, Train station / AVE Valencia, Castellón train station, Oropesa del Mar Train Station, AVANZABUS bus station, Customizable for groups
For external programs students have access to the campsite with the intercity buses from Castellón to Oropesa and return to Castellón. A monitor will pick them up at the stop closest to the camping and will accompany them to the same stop at the end of the program. The AVANZABUS regular bus line is also available, departing in Madrid and stopping at Oropesa del Mar, 1 kilometre from our camp, offering pick-up by our staff. In case of being a group, the collection point can be customized according to the needs (Madrid, Barcelona, Tarragona, Valencia, etc...).
Use the Solocampamentos contact form to get full details and information about the programme.
FORMS OF PAYMENT