ALEA Linguistic Immersion "Barbadillo"
|15 Days||27/06/2020-11/07/2020||9-15||680 650€||Available|
|15 Days||12/07/2020-26/07/2020||9-15||650 630€||Available|
|8 Days||27/06/2020-04/07/2020||9-15||390 370€||Available|
|8 Days||04/07/2020-11/07/2020||9-15||390 370€||Available|
|8 Days||12/07/2020-19/07/2020||9-15||370 351€||Available|
|8 Days||19/07/2020-26/07/2020||9-15||370 351€||Available|
In the heart of the wonderful natural environment of the Sierra de la Demanda, halfway between the province of Burgos and La Rioja. The small town of Barbadillo de Herreros (Burgos) welcomes us surrounded by living nature. Staying in a palatial house of the eighteenth century converted into a rural hostel, mansion that has been renovated in 2015.
Nature sports: approaching it in a respectful way and enjoying the environment to the fullest. Adventure activities, bathing in the river, excursions, entertainment, evenings, games, camping and bivouacs ... and lots of fun! Participants aged 9 to 15 years divided into two groups: 9-12 and 13-15.
Our line of work, since the year 1996, is based on three basic pillars:
- Security of the participants.
- Inclusion of environmental values in our activities
- Generate a positive experience in the participants.
The program is developed IN FULL ENGLISH with native speakers and / or bilingual to guarantee 100% conversation in English. Children learn without noticing and having fun. It is about naturalizing the use of English in everyday activities (we do not give classes, our proposal of activities is 100% playful). Only assemblies and nocturnal gymkhanas are held in Spanish, since it is also necessary to be able to express oneself in your usual language a little while a day and relax a little before going to sleep.
Shifts in July. For fortnights (15 days) or for weeks (8 days). From € 390 / person.
- Nature sports: approaching it in a respectful way and enjoying the environment to the fullest.
- Adventure activities: Initiation to climbing and abseiling, workshop and career Orientation, Archery, Caving, paths, bivouac ...
- Sports (classic and alternative sports: badminton, ultimate-frisbee).
- Bathing in the river and water games in the natural pools.
- Environmental workshops: local fauna, traces and signs, recycling, responsible consumption, garden crops ...
- Creative workshops: t-shirts, indiacas, juggling and Cariocas, a creation of candles, kitchens of the world. They are made especially after eating.
- Animation and great games: gymkhanas, treasure hunts, raids ...
- Games and special activities: body language, human bingo, lip-dub recording, etc.
- Thematic days: the day of the town's biggest festival, the day of the fair, the Juanes de Alea.
- Night entertainment, evenings, competitions, performances, summer cinema, astronomy, festivals, farewell party, storytelling, and much more.
- Assembly: it is the time of the day in which the campers meet with their reference monitor so that they know their needs and take advantage to work on the group's relations. The assemblies are made in Spanish since it is an important moment of the encampments in which they talk about their individual and group situation in the camp, any small conflict that may arise is resolved ... For this, it is necessary that everyone can Express yourself calmly in your usual language.
- English: In the camp, we introduce English naturally. Our team of native or bilingual monitors interact with campers in English at all times. Thus, boys and girls practice the second language throughout the day and without any pressure. English is introduced, in all activities, in the routines of the camp and in the general dynamics of the camp. Only assemblies and nocturnal gymkhanas are held in Spanish since it is also necessary to be able to express oneself in your usual language a little while a day and relax a little before going to sleep.
- Excursions: region full of hidden places and spectacular beauty: the medieval high Barbadillo Ferrería, Via Verde path of the Sierra de la Demanda, Chorranco waterfall, Pedroso gorge ...
- Camping/bivouac in the forests of oak oaks and beeches on the outskirts of town. Camping workshop and evening of stars.
PLACE: this summer camp takes place in the heart of the wonderful natural environment of the Sierra de la Demanda, halfway between the province of Burgos and La Rioja. The small town of Barbadillo de Herreros (Burgos) is 250 km away. from Madrid, 73 km from Burgos, 96 km from Logroño, 185 km from Valladolid and 270 km from Zaragoza.
Accommodation in the Casa del Mayorazgo, an 18th-century palatial house converted into a rural lodge. It consists of three floors and an area of almost 1,000 m2. The house has been renovated in 2015.
- Capacity for 65 seats, in multiple rooms of 10-12 seats with bunk beds.
- It has complete bathrooms with individual showers, sinks, wc, and hair dryer ... Living Room, and Dining Room
- Own kitchen service. The food service is made entirely in our facilities. Balanced menus adapted to the circumstances of the participants and to the physical activity of the summer camp.
- Laundry service (only in fortnightly shifts).
- Nursing room with first aid kit.
- Classrooms for the development of workshops.
- Wide green areas in annex to the house.
- Football fields of natural grass, multisport, volleyball and archery.
- Natural pools, surrounded by wide meadows for games.
- Spectacular surroundings of Living Nature.
- Proximity to emergency medical services. Support vehicle 24 hours.
- Accommodation and full board (breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner)
- The full work team, with native and bilingual monitors
- Sports and educational materials necessary
- Accident and civil liability insurance
- Daily camping blog
Pick Up Policy
There is an optional bus service (Round Trip). For the airport, ask us
Use the Solocampamentos contact form to get full details and information about the programme.
Participants from previous years, large families and groups of 4 or more friends have a reduced price.